DEALING WITH STRESS
We have all been at that ‘place’ in life where responsibilities, stress, and pressures seem unbearable. In times like these we usually turn to the support figures in our lives such as friends, family, mentors, or spiritual/religious leaders. So, what do you do when you have tried what has helped in the past, but the situation that has you at the end of your rope persists?
Perhaps it’s time to consider working with a professional counsellor to sort though some of the issues and concerns that have you bogged down.
Working with a professional counsellor is an experience that can be filled with numerous positive outcomes such as an increased sense of self-worth, restored relationship(s), and a positive outlook on life. Along with this positive change however, comes the possibility of some unexpected discomforts, and for this reason it is important to understand that beginning work with a professional counsellor is a step that should be made with careful consideration.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself when considering professional counselling.
- “Are you satisfied with the way your life is going right now?”
- “Do you lack the motivation to strive towards the things in life you deeply desire?”
- “Are there areas in your life (past and or present) which continue to affect your growth potential for health and wellness?”
- “Are you tired of being mistreated, abused, or unappreciated?”
- “Are you ready to spend time looking at issues in your life that may be standing in the way of where you want to be going?”
- “Are you ready to make positive changes in your life, but don’t know where to begin”?
Working with a professional counsellor will help you explore these questions; and assist you in moving further on your journey towards health, wellness, and personal growth.